Lumberjack BS254 Professional 254mm 10 Inch Band Saw
Product Code: BS254
£299.95£249.96 ex VAT
24 to 48 Hour Despatch
A compact floorstanding and woodworking bandsaw with a massive cutting capacity, for a machine of this size and price, of 150mm (6"). The big capacity makes it an ideal choice for woodworkers who are short on space. The power is delivered by a quiet induction motor with a belt drive to the bandsaw wheel. The key to straight and accurate cutting on a bandsaw is to have a good set of blade guides. The BS254 has three sealed bearings on the blade guard. Two mounted side-on to the blade to control blade twist and keep it true. The rear bearing takes the thrust of the back of the blade allowing it to run freely. The same setup is then repeated beneath the table.
The cast iron table tilts from 90 degrees to 45 degrees and has a positive stop at both of those positions. Any angle in between can be read off the scale and locked in. For rip cuts the guide fence can be situated on either side of the blade, can be locked into position with a single press of the lever and has a clear marker to set against the metric scale. The fence itself can be fitted in two ways. When cutting thicker material the full face height of 60mm is used. When cutting thin and narrow strips the fence is fitted with the small face, against the blade to allow clearance around the guides.
The two doors are fitted with safety locks which cut power to the motor when the doors are open for blade changing or cleaning.
A dust extractor is always recommended when using a bandsaw.The dust collection outlet has 3 rings which allow it to accept 3 sizes of hose, 50mm, 75mm,100mm diameter making it compatible with any type of extraction system. If extraction is not being used however, the bandsaw is fitted with an integral dust collection draw. Dust falling into the base of the machine will be collected here, allowing it to be quickly and easily emptied.
- Huge 5''/125mm Cutting Depth Capacity
- 10''/254mm Cutting Width (Throat)
- Supplied with High Quality British Made Blade
- Precision Ground Cast Iron Work Table
- Quick Action Lock On Rip Fence
- Crosscutting Mitre Guide Included
- Quiet Induction Motor
- Mains Powered LED work Light
- Integral Dust Collection Tray
- Includes Floorstand
- Primarily used for Woodworking
- Maximum cutting depth - 150mm (6")
- Throat width - 245mm (10")
- Table size - 360mm x 320mm
- Table tilt - 90-45 degrees
- Cutting speeds 400 & 800m/min
- Motor (induction) - 375w (1/2hp)
- Blade length - 1826mm
- Blade widths - 6-12mm (1/4" - 1/2")
- Barcode - 5060429095013
- Rip fence
- Mitre fence
- LED work light
- 1 x blade 10mm 6TPI
- circle cutter attachment